Monday, February 15, 2010

FOCUS!!!!!


Have you ever had a hard time focusing? GGGGRRRR.....there are some days I just can't get my brain to zone in on what I need to do. Here's my problem, see over the course of the past few years, I have tried several things. Apparently, I was searching for (hhhmmmm do I use the word forte or not :) my niche. I'll give you some examples. I've made rag dolls....













I've made pillows....



I've painted.....................

I've played with wire and clay......
I've tried scarves, hats and crocheting..
and then.....I found clothes............

It seemed like it took forever..
but, it was well worth it.  Now I don't feel like I'm searching anymore.
So now I'm curious, did all of you know immediately what your passion would be?  Did you always want to work in the medium that you do or did you go through all of the things I did?  (Oh and trust me, there's plenty more I didn't share :) 
Share with me!!  I'd love to hear how you found what you love!!  There are so many talented artist out there
were you always amazing?  Or where your first attempts enough to make you question your choice?
Leave me a note and let me know how it all came together for you...

hugs!
Heather

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting! I have always been one for many fingers in many pies. I guess, though, I don't give something up because I'm not good at it. I give it up because I'm too lazy to become good at it. I feel I have a LOT of niches (or fortes.) I love making felt miniatures, crocheting amigurumi, soft sculpture mice and rats, writing novels, poetry, humor ... omg I love it all. I just wish I had enough lives to acomplish everything!

Heather said...

Dreary Mouse...I absolutely laughed when I read your comment...you nailed it...there's just not enough time to accomplish it all.... :)

Unknown said...

Well, let's see. I have tried:
embroidery
rug hooking
braided rag rugs
needlepoint
plastic canvas 3D stff
paper crafting
sewing (which I still do)
soap making
candle making
painting
jewelry making
knitting
The only ones I still do on a regular basis are sewing,knitting, and jewelry making. You are in good company!